Being a mother is not the easiest job in the world. But it definitely is a privilege. Having kids who you can love and take care of, just like your parents loved you and took care of you gives you an idea of the special place that you hold in your children’s life as well as the importance of your parents’ presence in your life.
As a mother, you have to deal with a lot of tantrums from your kids, especially when it comes to eating. If you have one kid, you have to deal with only one set of tantrums, but if you have more than one, you have to take into consideration what each of them wants and if both want two completely different things to eat, then God help you. Double the time to prepare food and double the energy to satisfy both.
But what if technology was kind enough to rustle up something to help tech-savvy Moms deal with kids who are selective about the food they eat? It would be a great help to all the Moms around the world with access to Internet, for sure. And very helpfully, there are multiple apps to help! Mothers, rejoice!
- Sweet n Spicy: Fullmeals.com has come up with an app that has an extensive collection of Indian foods and recipes and helps you by providing solutions to tantrum-throwing children at a touch on the screen. It has recipes and video recipes spanning Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian and Vegan categories.
Android Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sweetnspicy.recipes&hl=en
iOS Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/sweetnspicy-indian-recipes/id393738867?mt=8
- Indian Recipes: This app features a large collection of recipes for starters, curries, bread, rice, desserts, sweets, snacks, beverages and more across the Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian and Vegan categories.
Android Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raksha.apps.indian.recipes.offline&hl=en
- Big Oven: This is more of an interactive app than the two given above. Apart from the thousands of recipes that you can find, you can also search your own recipes and share them with friends and family. This app has a grocery list and a menu planner, too!
Android Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigoven.android&hl=en
iOS Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/bigoven-350-000+-recipes-grocery/id294363034?mt=8
- Dinner Spinner Pro: This app also features on the ‘5 Recommended Apps for Parents’ article earlier this month. Along with the extensive recipe list, you can share your recipe and also rate and review other recipes. Healthy and tasty food: Nip up and whip up!
Android Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allrecipes.spinner.free&hl=en
iOS Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/allrecipes-dinner-spinner/id299515267?mt=8
- Griffin Cook Book: An encyclopedia of Indian food that will help you with food in every category, be it starters or sweets or snacks or beverages. You can choose between going for Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food, both of which have hundreds of recipes.
Android Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.griffininfo.cookbook&hl=en
So, unless your children cannot come up with a recipe all by themselves, these apps are all you need to keep their tummies happy!
About the Author
Sonali Vijay Dabade is a professional freelance writer. She has been writing and editing for some time now, with a special interest in children’s and family subjects. Prior to writing, she loves reading all sorts of books, relish travelling and has a deep affection for music. She believes herself as a spirited dreamer and an admiring thinker.
Sonali helps parents make sense of what’s going on in their kids’ lives. From games to cell phones to movies and more, if you’re wondering “what’s the right age for…?” With an extensive and abiding interest in children and bossing people around, her role as a parenting expert brings her skills and obsessions together in perfect harmony.